Friday, December 19, 2008.
3:30 am:

“London Business School Decision”, that is what the subject line read as i stared at my GMAIL inbox with hope, anxiety and fatigue (almost certainly due to the zillionth time i was hitting F9 to refresh my browser window).

The pause till the mail opened up felt like a frozen moment in time.

“Dear 2011 Admit,

The Admissions Committee are absolutely delighted to
offer you a place on London Business School’s MBA Programme,
starting in August 2009 (MBA2011).

…”

The range of emotions i had experienced from the day of application, after the short-list interview, upon receiving the admit email and shortly thereafter can be summed up as Anxiety, Ecstasy and Tranquility.

As i look back at my London Business School experience since then, the emotional journey has very much been the amalgamation of the same. Anxiety was the dominant emotion when i embarked on the MBA leaving behind a cushy job amidst the financial meltdown. Life inside and outside the classroom, which i spoke about in some of my earlier blog posts, was nothing short of Ecstasy. Two years on, equipped with greater clarity of thought, self-awareness and business knowledge i find myself better poised to make sense of the journey [life] ahead. Akin to attainment of nirvana for a hermit, though less spiritual, i find my self in a state of Tranquility.

8 Responses to “London Business School – MBA and Beyond”

1. avatar Eashan Saikia says:

Well you post really generated goosebumps on me. I too look forward for the same kinds of emotions to conquer me after a couple of years or so because I am just starting my undergraduate course this year.

2. avatar Mayur Gandhi says:

well i m interested to join LBSF so i need some advice from senior students in general MBA , which books for MBA lecturers advice to read in strategy & Operations & Crisis mgmt…plz email me in mayur_17_gandhi@yahoo.com,…. plz help me

3. avatar Ankit says:

Hi Sanjeev,

This is Ankit from Singapore. I am interested in joining the LBS MBA program and was wondering if you could help me a bit and answer few of my queries. I recently gave my GMAT and got 720 and have been working for past two years with Credit Suisse AG in Product Control. Would appreciate if you could drop me a line at ankitgupta.88@gmail.com so that I can send you my queries (only a few). Thanks.

Rgds,
    Ankit

4. avatar solomon says:

Hi Sanjeev,

This is Solomon Megharaj from India. I am interested to join LBS. I am a recently qualified CA and I have 4.5 years of Pre qualification experience(Article Training as per the requirement of ICAI). I would like to know whether the same is countable or I need to spend some more time to work. Please advise me

Regards

SOLOMON

5. avatar Raj says:

I finished my International business from scotland, I love to do MBA from LBSF, is there any discounted fees for students.

6. avatar Neetika Gupta says:

Hi,

I have completed my M.com(accounting and finance), ca inter and cs(company secretaryship). Also I am a ugc net certified lecturer in commerce. I have 6.5 years of work experience in ITES (hardware, networking, ITIL).

I want to pursue masters from LBS. Please suggest if I have fair chance of getting in. I am yet to appear for gmat exam.

7. Hi Sanjeev

I’m so interested in following the field of Bussiness studies till it’s highest level. I just did Bussiness studies at a lower level during my technical training as a mechanic. What do i need to have to qualify to do my MBA?

In additon for the funding of the respective programme is there any means at the institution which can assist students who can not afford to pay by themselves. For any reply i can be contacted: simango.com@gmail.com and cell:+26481241172.

Thanks for the prommpt attention.

Regards

Peter

8. avatar Naveen sagar says:

hi sanjeev,
    i also wanted to do MBA, but don’t know the procedure how to get admission there. The eligibility criteria and all. If its possible then can you please mail all the details and queries regarding this..
    Thanx..