As one of the ambassadors for my MiF PT 2013 course I participate in open-door events for the prospective students. I noticed that many of those who drop in to ask questions, grab a brochure and have some coffee + biscuits, exhibit high interest in the school without a firm awareness of which programme they would like to apply for.

So if you aspire to be a part of the LBS community and haven’t a clue which programme suits you most, the below test will help you quickly figure out your personal path of the least resistance in the school.

Which movies are you more likely to watch on a rainy Sunday afternoon ??
(a)
“The Godfather”, “La Dolce Vita”, “Avengers Assemble”, “American Beauty”
(b)
“Margin Call”, “Wall Street”, “I don’t know how she does it”, “American Psyco”
(c)
“I am number 4”, “Horrible bosses”, “Thank you for smoking”, “Captain America”
(d)
“Inception”, “Fast & Furious”, “Jeux d’Enfants”, “American Pie”

How do you get to work every morning ??
(a)
“My chauffer Edward calls on me, but honestly, I would much rather cycle to save the environment”
(b) “I get a cab from my Chelsea flat to the City / Canary Wharf” or “I usually just walk – its not too far from Pimlico to Mayfair”
(c) “I am trying to use public transport to save up for an upcoming considerable investment into my further education”
(d) “I don’t have a job yet – still writing my thesis”

How would your friends describe you ??
(a) Mature and classy
(b) Adventurous and urbane
(c) Tenacious and suave
(d) Motivated and agile

ANSWERS
- mostly (a): sharpen your strategic thinking with Sloan Masters in Leadership and Strategy designed for successful leaders with more than a dozen years of experience;
- mostly (b): dont wait any longer to apply for the world’s premier and ultimate qualification, turning you into a true Master of Finance;
- mostly (c): boost & accelerate your career by giving MBA / EMBA a bite;
- mostly (d): widen your horizons and get noticed with Masters in Management.

4 Responses to “Choose your LBS programme well !!”

1. avatar Becca says:

You offered us so many interesting ideas and thoughts, that I have to think a little bit about this stuff. Generally saying, I agree with everything you mentioned,

2. avatar Zoltan says:

Funny little test, though imho the most important criteria is experience. If you have just finished your BA programme there is not much choice at LBS. (Fortunately the MiM is perfect for me, although other top business schools -in Europe!- offer a wider selection of masters programmes for fresh BA graduates.)

3. avatar Andrzej Raszewski says:

Well, what I’ve done to make you think that I’ve such horrible movie taste ! Captain America ? I never heard of this guy ;)

• avatar Inna Leontenkova says:

ha ha Andrzej – but its not about movie quality in this case – its about the name ;)