avatar

A MiM Monthly Diary

Posted by: kasia_s
Comments Off

An executive tour of my LBS diary since the commencement of classes on April 9th:

On the 13th I volunteered with the organizing committee of the LBS Tech and Media Summit. The event including speaker panels on Big Data, Living Room Battles (the future of entertainment consumption), and the App Economy as well as keynote speeches from Directors at the WPP, InMobi, and Spotify.

On the 18th I had the opportunity to meet Shell VP Emma Fitzgerald for an intimate breakfast at Shell HQ. In a conference room directly across from the London Eye, we ten ladies got to discuss lessons in leadership from women at the top of the corporate ladder.

Last week IE Madrid and Stockholm School of Economics students arrived at LBS for a 4-day exchange. In addition to fascinating masterclasses in private equity and the European macroeconomic outlook, we also had a guest lecture from Financial Times Assistant Editor and weekly columnist Michael Skapinker. The MiM Programme Office coordinated a final networking dinner on the 7th floor of the Tate Modern overlooking the Thames, St. Pauls’ Cathedral, and the Millenium Bridge – truly magnificent.

Looking ahead this week I’m attending a Media Executive Lunch with Jeff Jones, VP at the Walt Disney Corporation; a Technology Club event with Paul Lee, Director of TMT Research at Deloitte; and, of course, my regularly scheduled classes in Strategy, Entrepreneurial Management, and Microeconomics.

And to think – I could have also attended the LBS CleanTech Challenge or TEDX @LBS.

Keeping it fresh,

Kasia