avatar

Five weeks into the MBA

Posted by: Ingrid
Comments Off

Just five weeks into the program and it seems to me like ages. This time has been incredibly intense.
It all started with orientation week, which was in itself a memorable experience. The tone was set: the MBA is about stretching our comfort zone.

I have indeed felt a bit uncomfortable in class, but I have learnt so much. All the faculty members I have seen so far are inspiring and entertaining – great speakers. I found that I can even like finance and accounting.

I have met amazing people, and discovered that each of them has something to teach me. It is a very humbling experience to discover that all of your 406 classmates are so smart and have extraordinary stories to tell you.

I had to do many choices. I refrained myself from signing up everywhere – my favourite clubs kicked off on the same day anyway. The number of opportunities here is really incredible.
I can feel the pressure building up a bit. Besides academics and assignments, there are career services events, case competitions, club events, social events… and parties of course!

It feels strange to be back in school after so many years, but here it feels good, really.