I have just come back from London where I attended one week long orientation for EMBA and I can’t tell you how happy I am.

I am not only happy with my decision of joining London Business School but also could see the enormous value LBS EMBA is going to add in my life in the next 20 months. I am ready for transformation, I told myself excitedly and I am proud to be part of LBS.

Looking back, few months down the line, it was beginning of September 2012 when I started my research of applying to top B school for EMBA. I started my research by creating a list of what I wanted from a school, apart from world class education and FT ranking of top 10. My list had few very important non negotiable criteria’s and few “good to have” criterias. I was looking for a school that could give me the most diverse classroom and international faculty as in the EMBA you not only learn from faculty but from your classmates too. The other things in my list were: more campus visits, a campus near India and once in a month study block. I also wanted the same MBA education and degree but in EMBA format.

I was also apprehensive about Middle East campuses of LBS and other schools but through my research I figured out that in LBS the faculty and education is the same in London and Dubai campus. By joining Dubai campus, I could do 3 core modules in London and a choice of doing electives (6 to 8) in Dubai, London, Hong Kong University, or Columbia Business School. I chose London Business School because it had everything I was looking for and now after orientation week I can say that by joining EMBA and LBS I have taken the best decision of my life.

4 Responses to “Why I chose London Business School”

1. avatar Amit says:

Hi Poonam,

First of all congratulations on your admit and wishing you best for the course. I am also planning at join EMBA course from a reputed institute like LBS and wanted some information on the same. Is there a way that I can contact you and clarify few doubts?

Thanks
    Amit
    tiws_2000@yahoo.com

2. avatar Solaimalai says:

Hi Poonam,
    Congratulations for your EMBA admission in LBS. I would like to prepare myself for the same. Can i contact you through the e-mail provided aboveto get to know the details?

Thanks,
    Solaimalai Srinivasan.
    Solaimalai.S@gmail.com

3. avatar Ashutosh Pateriya says:

Hi Poonam,

Thanks for this amazing post. I am also looking to join London Business School’s Executive MBA program and as everyone else I also got some basic queries regarding this move. Would you mind if I contact you on your email-id above ? Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards,
    Ashutosh Pateriya
    Pateriya.ashutosh@gmail.com