avatar

My first impressions

Posted by: Ugo

1. London is huge!
I’ve been here 3 weeks and counting, and sometimes I forget the name of the subway line that takes me to LBS and back home. I find it surprising when friends in other parts of the UK tell me they have no clue where a particular town in London is.

2. London has got awesome history!
Two things I’ve done to get a better understanding of London’s history – I visited the Museum of London, and took a free Royal London tour. I came away from both in awe of the rich history that precedes the city, as well as the trends and forces that will shape it in the future.

3. London Business School is awesome!
There’s just so much great stuff to do here. And if you can’t find something you like, you can always create it! An LBS MBA is definitely more than academic exercise; it’s an awesome avenue for personal development.

4. It’s cold!
I’m coming from a tropical climate, so from Day 1, it’s been really cold for me. I’m pretty much in a jumper anywhere I go. This amuses a lot of people, and even though it doesn’t help, they never cease reminding me that ‘winter is coming!’

5 Responses to “My first impressions”

1. avatar Shemika says:

Like your write up. It was an interesting read and I will be back to see what else you have to share soon.

2. avatar Ricky Asemota says:

Hi Ugo,

Your post made me chuckle and took me back a few good years to when I myself came to this lovely country from Nigeria. It was at the start of October and I too kept hearing the same comment “Winter is coming” so I feel your pain. I’m a prospective LBS MBA student battling through my application at the moment so I hope to soon join in the “more than academic exercise” you speak of.

Wish me luck!

Ricky

• avatar Ugo says:

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for reaching out! It’s great being at LBS! Also wonderful to hear that you’re thinking of coming over to LBS! Reach out to me at uogbunubi.mba2015@london.edu if you have any questions or need any explanations; I’ll be glad to help!

Ugo

3. avatar burak solmaz says:

London is definitely the best city in the world…