Two months have passed since I started my MBA – time flies! I am enjoying London, my classes, and the diverse learning environment in my stream and study group. I have also tried to get involved in extracurricular activities on campus, and one I am most excited about is the Healthcare Club.

This semester, I am working as a committee member of Healthcare Club and organizing its flagship event – Global Healthcare Conference 2016, which will be focused on “precision medicine,” a transformative treatment methodology that involves tailoring patient care based on the unique characteristics of the individual.

Being a conference organizer has been a rewarding experience so far. While I do have many other responsibilities (e.g., classes, assignments, recruiting, etc.), working on the conference has been a way for me to build many skills that I have aimed to develop. Specifically, I’m working with a team of peers from other streams and programs, getting hands-on experience organizing an event, and networking with healthcare professionals, some of whom will be the speakers at our event. For a person like me with very specific and focused professional background (I was a tax adviser before LBS – advised companies to ‘optimize’ their tax costs), this is a great opportunity to expand my points of view and refine my leadership skills.

I am also very excited about the content of our conference this year, as I am from Japan, which is one of the most aged countries in the world. We currently have 10 million people who are more than 80 years old, and I am excited to learn about how some of the developments in healthcare can help these people, both in terms of better outcomes and value.

We have assembled a diverse line-up of speakers from across the industry who can bring unique perspectives on precision medicine. The conference is sponsored by A.T. Kearney and BCG and held from1800 on 21st November at the Royal College of Physicians located in opposite side of Regent’s Park from LBS campus.

If you’re interested in attending, click the link below to purchase tickets -

https://lbs.pickevent.com/EN/HealthcareConference2016/

If you have any questions about this conference, please feel free to contact me (tedatsune.mba2018@london.edu).