Posts Tagged ‘The Global Sports Symposium’
This summer a new conference will be gracing our diaries, The Global Sports Symposium. The Global Sports Symposium, which is being presented by the same team behind the US-based Ivy Sports Symposium (Sports Symposium, Inc.), this student-run event, will bring together the leading decision-makers of the industry for a day of networking, discourse and learning. The organization is excited to be expanding internationally by hosting the first GSS in partnership with Arsenal FC and Emirates Stadium.
This year not only is it the first event outside the US, but there is a dedicated Career Workshop, We have partnered with GlobalSportsJobs on the Careers Workshop, “Supercharge Your Career in Sports – Powered by GlobalSportsJobs”. Where you can learn from those who have made it in the industry.
There are over 30 speakers, 6 panels and 2 workshops. To name just a few of the confirmed speakers we have:
- Mark Lamping (Jacksonville Jaguars, President)
- Michael Cunnah (iSportConnect, Executive)
- Tom Fox (Arsenal FC, Chief Commercial Officer)
- Charles Baker (DLA Piper, Partner)
- Abeed Janmohamed (RadiumOne, Commercial Director Europe)
- Jim O’Toole (London Irish Rugby Club, Commercial Director)
- Paul Bell (Leeds United, Commercial Director)
- Jeff Bennet (Raptor Sports Properties, LLC, Chief Executive Officer)
- Lucien Boyer (Havas SE, President and Global CEO)
- Matt Rogan (Two Circles, Managing Director)
- Russell Stopford (Perform, Director of Product Development)
- Adam Paker (Commonwealth Games England (CGE), Chief Executive)
- Ameesh Manek (England Basketball, Director)
- Glenn Lovett (Repucom, Senior Management)
- Phil Carling (Octagon (UK), Head of Football)
- Bob Reeves (Rugby Football Union, President)
The Sports Symposium has traditionally welcomed student attendees from over 60 colleges and universities and professional delegates from a wide range of companies. Its intimate setting combined with engaging content and dynamic speakers have made it a “must attend” event every year; we are certain that the same successes will be met during our first global conference.
How will you benefit from attending whilst studying?
- There is a very generous student discount!
- You will gain a unrivalled knowledge of the sports business industry
- Network opportunities! Meet your idols in the sports business industry
- A Career workshop “Supercharge Your Career in Sports – Powered by GlobalSportsJobs” – A chance to talk directly with and have your questions answered by young professionals across a breadth of industries within sport.
- Free goodies- Including breakfast and lunch!
The Sports Symposium is dedicated to helping students and those new to the sports business industry, by providing opportunities to network with top level executives, creating career workshops and offer industry insights.The symposium promises to bring a 360 degree view of the Sports Business world, with talks and panels representing all aspects of the business. However, it comes with a nice twist as it’s aimed at both seasoned professionals and those who want to enter the business.
“Throughout the planning process the student-run team has received positive feedback from the industry leaders it has reached out to. We believe this is a testament to the US-based Ivy Sports Symposium that has attracted top industry names over the course of its eight-year history. We are expecting similar successes for this first event in the UK and continue to get excited as we move forward with our planning.”
– Harriet Thayer, 2014 Global Sports Symposium Co-Chair
The 1st annual Global Sports Symposium (“GSS”) takes place on Thursday, May 15, 2014 at Emirates Stadium in London. The registration page can be accessed from our site: http://www.sportssymposium.org or here.
We hope that you share our enthusiasm for the 2014 Global Sports Symposium and that you will be able to join us and help spread the word. If you need an extra push to take the leap and attend these events read: 10 Reasons Why Uni Students Should Attend Conferences.
Follow us on Twitter @SportsSymposium and our dedicated hash tag #GSS2014, to keep up to date with The Global Sports Symposium.